Second Time A Charm? Last Tuesday Apple released version 1.0.2 of its 7.5.2 Printing Fix, after abruptly pulling version 1.0 from its servers the week before. Then, late Tuesday, Apple pulled that version, restored it a few hours later, then later moved it to a different directory. The extension is supposed to fix a crashing problem on the Power Mac 7200, 7500, 8500, and 9500 when printing to a busy network-based printer. If you need it, grab it while you can. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Yet Another 7.5.2 Printing Update (20 Nov 95)