Rogue Amoeba has released Airfoil 4.7, adding a menu bar-only mode to the popular network audio streaming app for the Mac. By default, Airfoil appears in both the Dock and the menu bar, but you can now choose to have Airfoil appear exclusively in the menu bar and eliminate its icon from the Dock. The update also brings remote control support for version 2 of Last.fm’s desktop app, corrects a conflict with Sibelius, and displays metadata in the Airfoil Speakers menu. It also now correctly displays output device names containing the @ character. ($25 new, free update, 9.7 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard