Rogue Amoeba has released Airfoil 4.7, adding a menu bar-only mode to the popular network audio streaming app for the Mac. By default, Airfoil appears in both the Dock and the menu bar, but you can now choose to have Airfoil appear exclusively in the menu bar and eliminate its icon from the Dock. The update also brings remote control support for version 2 of Last.fm’s desktop app, corrects a conflict with Sibelius, and displays metadata in the Airfoil Speakers menu. It also now correctly displays output device names containing the @ character. ($25 new, free update, 9.7 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.