Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.3 with a number of welcome fixes for the popular audio recording program. The Instant On component has been updated to version 5.0.2, which continues full support for audio capture from sandboxed applications (such as from the Mac App Store) and fixes a conflict with some Qt-based programs, such as Sibelius. The auto-split settings have been reverted to those found in version 2.10.0 and before, with recordings automatically split at either 24 hours in length or 2 GB in size. The update also fixes a bug where hundreds of files could be created during long recordings, and a problem in capturing audio from Skype 2.x. It’s rounded out by an update to version 3.98.4 of the LAME MP3 recording engine. ($32 new, free update, 5.4 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software