C-Command Software has released SpamSieve 2.9 to address a bevy of maintenance issues. This update improves the spam-filtering software’s training regimen for “good” Exchange messages in Apple Mail as well as handling of incoming messages in Microsoft Outlook. The release adds support for Growl notifications via GNTP and support for training messages as spam via the Herald notification plug-in. Other changes include adding a new auto-training parameter in the score script that can override the setting in preferences on a case-by-case basis, modifying the mailbox moving behavior of the Change Settings command in Apple Mail, and adjusting drone AppleScripts for better troubleshooting. SpamSieve is also now code-signed for compliance with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion’s Gatekeeper security feature. The update is rounded out by improvements in handling errors and fixes to other bugs. ($30 new, free update, 9.3 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.