Getting into the spirit of spring cleaning, Bare Bones Software has released BBEdit 10.1.2, which contains nothing but fixes for reported issues. The extensive list includes over 40 items that focus on improving stability and compatibility, and dedicated BBEdit users might want to read the release notes for a comprehensive look at all the changes. Aside from the abundance of bug squashes, the release also updates the About BBEdit window with a corrected link for the Caffeine Production credit and an addition of a Black Blood of the Earth credit (which is a good reminder to always check out the About window in your software). ($49.99 new from Bare Bones or the Mac App Store, free update, 7.3 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>