Between next Monday’s Memorial Day holiday in the United States and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. We’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 4 June 2012.
Find Your Mac's Serial Number
Want to check your Mac's serial number quickly and easily? Select About This Mac from the Apple menu, and click on the text directly below "Mac OS X" that reads "Version 10.x.x." Click once and you'll get a build number which is more specific information about the software. Click twice, and you'll get your Mac's serial number.
Visit MacTipster Blog
Published in TidBITS 1127.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Security Updates for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- QuickTime Format Extender Perian to Cease Development
- OpenDNS Blocks Flashback and Other Threats
- Find Your App, and Keep It Found
- FileMaker Pro 12 Updates Themes and Layout Capabilities
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 21 May 2012
- ExtraBITS for 21 May 2012
No Email Issue on 28 May 2012 for Memorial Day
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>