Between next Monday’s Memorial Day holiday in the United States and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. We’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 4 June 2012.
Track Bandwidth Use with VirusBarrier X6
If you have monthly bandwidth limits, it's useful to know how much data you have used so far to avoid overage charges or being shut off by your ISP. But how do you determine how much data your Mac has transferred? Open VirusBarrier X6's Traffic window to see both current and cumulative traffic, and you can also create warnings when your data usage - incoming, outgoing, or both - exceeds an amount you specify.
Published in TidBITS 1127.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Security Updates for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- QuickTime Format Extender Perian to Cease Development
- OpenDNS Blocks Flashback and Other Threats
- Find Your App, and Keep It Found
- FileMaker Pro 12 Updates Themes and Layout Capabilities
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 21 May 2012
- ExtraBITS for 21 May 2012