Between next Monday’s Memorial Day holiday in the United States and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. We’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 4 June 2012.
Spin Through Toolbar View Options
Although many people never change their toolbars from the default settings, all standard toolbars on the Mac offer six states: icon only, text only, and icon and text, with all three coming in normal and small size. You can change them by choosing View > Customize Toolbar.
But there's a shortcut that makes it easier to check out each variant. Simply Command-click the toolbar lozenge at the upper right of a window, and the toolbar switches to the next view. Click it enough times, and you cycle back to the start.
Published in TidBITS 1127.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Security Updates for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- QuickTime Format Extender Perian to Cease Development
- OpenDNS Blocks Flashback and Other Threats
- Find Your App, and Keep It Found
- FileMaker Pro 12 Updates Themes and Layout Capabilities
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 21 May 2012
- ExtraBITS for 21 May 2012