Pushing to get one last significant update in before Apple restricts the Mac App Store to apps that can be sandboxed, Stairways Software has released Keyboard Maestro 5.3 with a number of image manipulation and mouse click actions added to the powerful automation utility. On the image front, Keyboard Maestro 5.3 now enables you to create new images; flip, rotate, resize, and crop images; create images out of composites of images, styled text, and shapes; find an image on your screen; and capture one or all screens or a selected window. Enhanced mouse click actions include support for double and triple clicks, dragging with any button, and clicking relative to the center of a window, screen, or image. You can also now type the word APPLICATION (in all caps) within menu selections as an alias for the current application. Other additions include a new Highlight Location action and live reporting of condition test results in action editors. A number of tweaky bug fixes round out the update. ($36 new, free update, $25 upgrade from versions previous to 5.0, 17.5 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard