Preparing for the end of an era, version 1.10.2 of the Omni Group’s task management app OmniFocus removes direct support for syncing through MobileMe, which is slated to go dark as of 30 June 2012. Omni notes that sync settings will now appear under the Advanced (WebDAV) sync method if you’re currently syncing via MobileMe, and recommends that you switch to either the free Omni Sync Server or another WebDAV service. OmniFocus 1.10.2 also improves Inbox workflow by displaying the contents of groups in the badge count, fixing a bug where contents of groups were excluded in Context mode, and ensuring the Next Action filter works correctly. ($79.99 new, free update, 22 MB, release notes)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree