Apple Paris Expo Follow-up -- We gave the wrong email address for Richard Erickson in his article in TidBITS-296 on the recent Apple Expo in Paris; Ric can be reached at <email@example.com>. Ric also writes to let us know that Nomai strongly prefers the media for its new 540 MB removable media drive be called "diskettes" rather than "cartridges," since they're based on a flexible media and not compatible with SyQuest drives. Gee, I hope I don't get them confused with floppy disks, or CD-ROM disks, or magneto-optical disks, or.... [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Apple Expo in Paris (25 Sep 95)