Apple has released iMovie ’11 9.0.6, an update largely devoted to upgrading the video editing app to handle the resolution of the just-released MacBook Pro with Retina Display (2880 by 1800 pixels, to be exact). Jeff Carlson notes on Twitter that the size of the app has ballooned from 438 MB to over 1.2 GB (though Apple’s support page has the download clocking in at 1.01 GB). Aside from display enhancements, the update also adds support for Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian languages. Note that iMovie 9.0.6 now requires Mac OS X 10.7.4 Lion — these changes aren’t available to users running 10.6 Snow Leopard. ($14.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update through Software Update or the Mac App Store, 1.08 GB via Software Update or 1.26 GB via Mac App Store)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- iMovie ’11 9.0.7 (25 Jul 12)