After releasing Aperture 3.3 earlier this month, Apple has just posted Aperture 3.3.1, which “Fixes an issue that in rare cases could cause Aperture to hang or quit unexpectedly when upgrading libraries.” The Aperture 3.3 update was a major shift from previous versions, changing the photo library format so that it would work with Aperture and iPhoto interchangeably, and adding support for the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. For the people who got hit by this bug (and we heard from some, so it couldn’t have been that rare), Aperture 3.3.1 should be a welcome update. ($79.99 new in the Mac App Store, free update, 554.9 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Aperture 3.3 (12 Jun 12)
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>