Offering preliminary support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Rogue Amoeba’s Audio Hijack Pro gets bumped up to version 2.10.4 with an updated Instant On component (now version 6) that improves overall system audio capture. In fact, the Instant On component is now required for capturing audio from Safari and QuickTime Player when running Mountain Lion, as well as when snagging audio from a Fluid app. ($32 new, free update, 5.2 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard