Adobe Buys Ceneca -- Adobe Systems announced last week that it is buying Ceneca Communications, Inc., makers of the not-yet-shipping World Wide Web production and site-management programs PageMill and SiteMill, big hits at Boston's Macworld Expo in August. (See TidBITS-290.) The amount of money involved was not disclosed, and Adobe is expected to integrate Acrobat PDF and other Adobe technologies into the products over time. Pricing and product availability is expected to be announced in the next few weeks. [GD]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- Adobe Acquires GoLive (11 Jan 99)
- Adobe Acquires GoLive (06 Jan 99)
- PageMill Fails to Make the French Connection (13 Nov 95)
- PageMill and SiteMill: HTML Tools for the Rest of Us (14 Aug 95)