Adobe Buys Ceneca -- Adobe Systems announced last week that it is buying Ceneca Communications, Inc., makers of the not-yet-shipping World Wide Web production and site-management programs PageMill and SiteMill, big hits at Boston's Macworld Expo in August. (See TidBITS-290.) The amount of money involved was not disclosed, and Adobe is expected to integrate Acrobat PDF and other Adobe technologies into the products over time. Pricing and product availability is expected to be announced in the next few weeks. [GD]
Add Slides to Pear Note from Other Applications
If you have some slides in any application, and you'd like to add them to a Pear Note document, there's no need to save them out and then import them into Pear Note. Instead, you can send them directly to Pear Note through a PDF service. For instance, if you had slides in Keynote, just:
- Select Print within Keynote.
- Click the PDF button.
- Select Send PDF to Pear Note.
This can also be used to import other document types into Pear Note to take notes on them as well.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Adobe Acquires GoLive (11 Jan 99)
- Adobe Acquires GoLive (06 Jan 99)
- PageMill Fails to Make the French Connection (13 Nov 95)
- PageMill and SiteMill: HTML Tools for the Rest of Us (14 Aug 95)