Apple has issued two System Management Controller (SMC) updates for the MacBook Air — version 1.5 for models released in June 2012 and version 1.6 for models released in 2011. Both updates enable Power Nap support when running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, while the version 1.5 update for mid-2012 MacBook Air models also fixes several sleep and wake issues that should improve overall stability. Version 1.6 (for mid-2011 models) requires 10.8, while version 1.5 (for mid-2012 models) requires 10.7.4 or later. To ensure you get the firmware update for your specific model, we recommend relying on Software Update. (Free, 698 KB/663 KB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- MacBook Pro Retina SMC Update 1.0 (06 Aug 12)