Flexibits has updated its Fantastical calendar and reminders app to version 1.3.2, offering compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and user interface enhancements for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display. After adding support for both iCal and iOS reminders in its previous version, Fantastical 1.3.2 adds support for simple repeating reminders, improves performance for those with thousands of reminders, and fixes a problem that occurred when setting the next due date of certain reminders. The update also fixes a potential problem for iCloud users who have a pre-MobileMe account that was originally set up with mac.com. Normally priced at $19.99, Flexibits is offering Fantastical at half price ($9.99) for a limited time from both its Web site and the Mac App Store. ($19.99 new, free update, 11 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software