Global Delight has released minor updates to its Voila screen capture app and Boom volume booster app to add compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Voila 3.2 adds an option to launch at login under Mountain Lion and includes several bug fixes related to various screen capture types and file sharing. Similarly, Boom 1.5 adds the launch at login option, and it also offers support for Notification Center to display file-boosting notifications. According to a Global Delight blog post, both apps have yet to be “retina-fied,” but that task is on the company’s to-do list. Also, while both Voila and Boom are available from the Mac App Store, neither have been updated to these current versions as of this writing, but should be available soon. ($24.99 for Voila and $5.99 and Boom, free updates, 5.1/8.3 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.