Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5, which can now capture audio from Safari, QuickTime Player, FaceTime, and Messages on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion without requiring the Instant On component (which itself was updated to version 6.0.1). Additionally, the update fixes a crash related to a custom install of the libFLAC library, ensures the Factory Reset functionality works properly under Mountain Lion, and adds compatibility with Gatekeeper. ($32 new with a 15-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.5 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Airfoil 4.7.2 (03 Aug 12)