Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5, which can now capture audio from Safari, QuickTime Player, FaceTime, and Messages on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion without requiring the Instant On component (which itself was updated to version 6.0.1). Additionally, the update fixes a crash related to a custom install of the libFLAC library, ensures the Factory Reset functionality works properly under Mountain Lion, and adds compatibility with Gatekeeper. ($32 new with a 15-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.5 MB, release notes)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- Airfoil 4.7.2 (03 Aug 12)