Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5, which can now capture audio from Safari, QuickTime Player, FaceTime, and Messages on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion without requiring the Instant On component (which itself was updated to version 6.0.1). Additionally, the update fixes a crash related to a custom install of the libFLAC library, ensures the Factory Reset functionality works properly under Mountain Lion, and adds compatibility with Gatekeeper. ($32 new with a 15-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 5.5 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Airfoil 4.7.2 (03 Aug 12)