Like the recently released Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5, Rogue Amoeba’s Airfoil 4.7.2 has been updated to capture audio from Safari, QuickTime Player, FaceTime, and Messages on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion without use of the Instant On component. The update also fixes an issue where volume control wasn’t working for some third-party AirPlay hardware, corrects the Enter Full Screen menu item in the Airfoil Video Player to work properly on 10.7 Lion, and provides several fixes for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display (such as ensuring Netflix’s full-screen mode works and correcting the Welcome window size). Additionally, the release prevents applications from appearing twice in the Source list, and it is now compatible with Gatekeeper. ($25 new with a 15-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 9.6 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.5 (03 Aug 12)