iOS app developer David Barnard of App Cubby has an interesting look at the likely sales numbers behind the Sparrow email client that suggest that too-low prices in the App Store mean that it’s now extremely difficult to earn the necessary amounts of money to fund ongoing development. The better approach? Sell your company (see “Sparrow Bought by Google,” 21 July 2012). follow link
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- ExtraBITS for 6 August 2012 (06 Aug 12)
The Sparrow in the Coal Mine