Panic has released version 2.0.2 of its Coda Web site development tool with a list of fixes and improvements that’s Dostoyevskian in its length. Among the highlights, the update “significantly” improves the speed and behavior of its syntax highlighter, adds a Jump to Style contextual menu item in Preview, makes it easier to search open folders using Find in File, and ensures that Coda’s spell checker works more reliably. Additionally, the version available from the Mac App Store can now unlock the Direct version via a new Unlock Coda menu item (though the Mac App Store hasn’t yet caught up to version 2.0.2 as of this writing). For a complete rundown of the over 100 changes in Coda 2.0.2, be sure to peruse the release notes. ($99 new, $75 upgrade from 1.0, free update, 48.8 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.