Apple has issued a System Management Controller (SMC) update for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, which fixes several sleep and wake issues for users running Mac OS X 10.7.4 Lion. Additionally, like the SMC updates recently issued for MacBook Air models (see “MacBook Air SMC Updates 1.5 and 1.6,” 27 July 2012), this one enables Power Nap support when running 10.8 Mountain Lion. (Free, 530 KB)
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- MacBook Air SMC Updates 1.5 and 1.6 (27 Jul 12)