Though both of its word processing apps were recently updated with numerous changes, Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.4 and Nisus Writer Express 3.4.3 to fix some commonly reported problems. When running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, both apps now display Apple’s Start Dictation menu command in the Edit menu and fix a crash that occurred when right-clicking the style list in stylesheet view. Additionally, both apps ensure correct hyphenation for non-English languages, correct a problem with clipping and zooming in the Print dialog preview, fix issues with links to files, and fix a problem with an “ungraceful” flickering redisplay that occurred when zooming in and out of Draft View. For just Nisus Writer Pro, version 2.0.4 fixes an issue when exporting a document with special characters to EPUB format, prevents a hang when copying or pasting multipart selections with applied TOCs, and fixes an issue with changing the color of a style’s paragraph border or edge. (For Nisus Writer Pro: $79 new, free update, 159 MB, release notes. For Nisus Writer Express: $45 new, free update, 51 MB, release notes.)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software