Golden Hill Software has released CloudPull 2.1.3, a small update to the Google-data backup application that includes more sophisticated error handling and retry logic. With this update, CloudPull should experience fewer network issues or errors returned by Google’s servers that previously resulted in failed backups. The release also updates artwork for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display (though most non-Retina displays will also notice a modest improvement). ($24.99 new, free update, 8.3 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.