Noodlesoft’s file cleanup utility Hazel has been updated to version 3.0.12 with support for Notification Center in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. However, if you have Growl already installed, Hazel will continue to use that app for notifications. The new release also updates all graphics for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display and adds a “current date” attribute for use in patterns. Hazel 3.0.12 fixes a crash that occurred when picking Spotlight attributes, resizing issues with script editors and other popovers, crashes in the helper and worker processes, and rules using “date last matched” that weren’t triggered in specific circumstances. Additionally, Hazel will adjust the timeout depending on the size of file being imported into iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture to avoid timing out on large files. ($25 new, free update from version 3.x, $10 upgrade from previous version, 5.3 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard