Adobe has released Photoshop CS6 13.0.1 with fixes for two critical security vulnerabilities that could lead to malicious code execution. According to a Secunia advisory, this buffer overflow vulnerability occurred during a boundary error when processing a PNG image. In addition to the security patch, the new release aims for better stability with fixes for 31 specific crashing issues, and it provides a variety of fixes for 3D features and the Drawing and Graphics tools. ($699 new, $199 upgrade, free update, 7.9 MB via direct download, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.