VMware has released “minor upgrades” to its Fusion and Fusion Professional virtualization packages with version 5.0.1. The update addresses an issue that affected the startup of older operating systems on Ivy Bridge-based Macs, fixed detection of Windows 8 media downloaded from MSDN, improved handling of USB devices, and fixed an intermittent problem when entering snapshot view using Command-S. ($49.99/99.99 new, free update, 215.1 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software