Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.3.5 and ChronoAgent 1.3.6, both maintenance releases that provide several fixes for the synchronization/backup application and its remote helper app. The ChronoSync update fixes a problem with the Scheduled Documents Manager window where a scheduled Container Document item would stop responding when the sync was run with the Container Document window open. Additionally, it automatically disables both “Preserve Extended Attributes” when syncing to file server and “Preserve Access Control Lists” when connecting to any target that doesn’t support them. Both the ChronoSync and ChronoAgent updates fix a rare timing problem that would trigger a false “File Not Found” error when syncing very large files. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 28.9 MB, 8.3 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.