Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.3.5 and ChronoAgent 1.3.6, both maintenance releases that provide several fixes for the synchronization/backup application and its remote helper app. The ChronoSync update fixes a problem with the Scheduled Documents Manager window where a scheduled Container Document item would stop responding when the sync was run with the Container Document window open. Additionally, it automatically disables both “Preserve Extended Attributes” when syncing to file server and “Preserve Access Control Lists” when connecting to any target that doesn’t support them. Both the ChronoSync and ChronoAgent updates fix a rare timing problem that would trigger a false “File Not Found” error when syncing very large files. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 28.9 MB, 8.3 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software