Apple has updated its two photo management applications to take advantage of the new Shared Photo Stream feature in iCloud. Both iPhoto 9.4 and Aperture 3.4 now enable you to share a selection of photos for others to view, and each app includes a new File menu item for easier access to opening and editing a file from the other’s library (if you have both iPhoto and Aperture installed). Additionally, iPhoto 9.4 adds new card and calendar themes and enables you to add comments to photos after publishing them to Facebook. Both updates are also rounded out by unspecified performance and stability improvements. (Free updates. iPhoto, $14.99, 757.61 MB via direct download; Aperture, $79.99, 554.48 MB via direct download)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Aperture 3.4.1 (01 Oct 12)
iPhoto 9.4, Aperture 3.4
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>