The first maintenance release for Parallels Desktop 8 (version 8.0.18101) has been released with fixes for a number of issues related to the MacBook Pro with Retina Display. The update improves support for multi-display configurations that include Retina and non-Retina displays, fixes an issue where the mouse moved too fast when SmartMouse was disabled, and ensures that drag-and-drop from Mac OS X to Windows 8 works correctly. Additionally, the release improves overall performance for full-screen viewing in both single and multi-display configurations, fixes Flash video playback in Google Chrome for Windows, and resolves a keyboard malfunction while in the Coherence (non-Crystal) view mode. ($79.99 new, $49.99 upgrade, free update, 346.6 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Parallels Desktop 8.0.18101
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>