For those looking for a day of in-depth Mac and iOS geekery near San Francisco, it’s time once again for the Mac Computer Expo, in Petaluma, CA. Organized by the indefatigable Lorene Romero, this 19th running of MCE will feature presentations by such Apple community luminaries as Photoshop painter extraordinaire Bert Monroy, Chris Breen of Macworld, Jeff Gamet of the Mac Observer, photography guru Derrick Story, Adam Christianson of MacCast, author Tom Negrino, and many more. Plus, you can even bring your dead electronics to be recycled properly! MCE will take place from 9 AM to 5 PM on Saturday, 6 October 2012; tickets are $7 in advance or $10 at the door, and parking is free. follow link
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Mac Computer Expo in Petaluma, CA on 6 October 2012