Apple has released OS X Server 2.1.1, which has been updated with the capability of managing DHCP from within the Server app as well as adding support for iOS 6 devices to the Profile Manager. The release also enables management of the blacklist settings for the Mail service, prevents spurious “Host name changed” alert messages after restarting, addresses an issue where AirPort base stations couldn’t be managed after updating from previous versions of OS X Server (as well as some other migration issues), and allows for setting a default NetBoot image in the Server app. ($19.99 new, free update, 136 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard