Apple has released Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Update, an addition to the recently released Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion that’s tiny enough not to merit its own version number. The update resolves only two issues: one that could cause Time Machine backups to take a long time to complete and another that prevented certain applications with a signed Developer ID from launching. If you hadn’t previously installed 10.7.5, you won’t need to worry about this supplemental update — the latest build of Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) includes these two fixes. (Free, 2 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion (19 Sep 12)
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Update
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>