With a focus on improving compatibility with the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Global Delight has released Voila 3.3, addressing a number of bugs specific to Retina display screenshots in the screen capture utility. Also fixed are crashes related to multiple monitor setups and a video corruption problem on the MacBook Air. For those with the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, note that you can set different export formats in Voila’s Export preferences; that way you can easily export more-compact formats when the Retina display screenshots are too large for email or a blog post. ($29.99 new from Global Delight — with a 25% discount for TidBITS members — or the Mac App Store, free update, 13.8 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard