Apple has updated iPhoto to version 9.4.2, adding several improvements to how Photo works with iCloud’s Photo Stream feature. You can now add photos to either My Photo Stream or a shared stream by dragging them to Photo Stream in the source list, and you can add all photos contained within a shared photo stream to your iPhoto library using a new Import command in the contextual menu. The update also enables you to paste multiple email addresses into the “Shared with” field for shared streams, and it ensures that names are correctly displayed should more than five subscribers “like” a photo in a shared stream. Additionally, iPhoto 9.4.2 improves reliability of shared photo streams when switching to Aperture with the same library, fixes an issue with Microsoft Outlook that prevented it from being used to email photos, and updates national holidays for use in printed photo calendars. ($14.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update through the Mac App Store or Software Update, 758.58 MB direct download via Apple’s support page)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 November 2012 (05 Nov 12)
- Aperture 3.4.2 (02 Nov 12)