Updating its Web publishing tool to make it compatible with a variety of features in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Karelia has released Sandvox 2.7 with support for Notifications and Sharing. Additionally, the update saves documents more quickly when the Versions feature is enabled, and it has been optimized for Retina displays. A Google +1 sharing option has also been added to enable site visitors to share content by clicking on a Google +1 button and logging in directly, and this feature offers several configuration options for displaying the number of Google+ shares. Other changes include support for custom private SSH keys and a revamped Host Setup Assistant that simplifies entry of hosting details and enables live testing and diagnostics. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 31.1 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software