Updating its Web publishing tool to make it compatible with a variety of features in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Karelia has released Sandvox 2.7 with support for Notifications and Sharing. Additionally, the update saves documents more quickly when the Versions feature is enabled, and it has been optimized for Retina displays. A Google +1 sharing option has also been added to enable site visitors to share content by clicking on a Google +1 button and logging in directly, and this feature offers several configuration options for displaying the number of Google+ shares. Other changes include support for custom private SSH keys and a revamped Host Setup Assistant that simplifies entry of hosting details and enables live testing and diagnostics. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 31.1 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree