Improving support for Windows 8, Parallels Desktop has been updated to version 8.0.18314 with full-speed support for USB 3.0 devices, easier access to Mac OS X applications from the Windows 8 Start Screen, the capability to launch Windows 8 applications from the shared applications folder in the Dock, and support for the Windows 8 single-finger swipe gesture to display the application menu, list of running applications, and Charm Bar. The update also adds download access to Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 from within Parallels Desktop and improves the visual process of switching Windows to Coherence. Additionally, you can now assign up to 16 GB of memory to a single virtual machine and support has been added for Windows Server 2012. ($79.99 new, $49.99 upgrade, free update, 343 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Parallels Desktop 8.0.18314
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>