If you’ve been pondering the purchase of an iPad mini, Dan Frakes’s detailed review at Macworld should give you the details you need to make an informed decision. Overall, he’s extremely positive about the new iPad, giving its form factor and non-Retina display high marks, but acknowledges that it doesn’t make sense as an upgrade for people who don’t think they could go back from Retina display-equipped devices or for those who need the larger screen and higher resolution of the standard iPad for serious work. follow link
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Dan Frakes Reviews the iPad mini at Macworld