Objective Development has released LaunchBar 5.4, giving the popular keyboard launcher a number of new actions that it can perform, including sending files with AirDrop, displaying alerts in Notification Center, copying links of selected Evernote items, copying the sender of a selected Mail message, and opening Safari’s Top Sites view, plus a number of new actions related to phone numbers. LaunchBar 5.4 can also display Notification Center alerts for calendar entries created by LaunchBar, search within Evernote, perform modulo calculation in the calculator, and browse SparkleShare repositories. Improved are LaunchBar’s support for the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, indexing of Apple Developer Connection documentation, copying large quantities of data, detecting the 1Password keychain, and application indexing. Rounding out the update are a number of small bug fixes. ($35 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 2.4 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.