VMware has released version 5.0.2 of its Fusion and Fusion Professional virtualization packages, fixing a number of bugs. Notable changes include USB 3.0 stability improvements, a fix for a problem affecting multiple-monitor setups under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, improvements for the Microsoft Office 2013 preview and Windows 8 installations, a solution to a bug that caused the library and the Fusion start menu contents to get out of sync, and more. Known issues that remain include a black virtual machine screen on some Mac Pro systems running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and problems with upgrading directly from Windows XP to Windows 8 inside a virtual machine. ($49.99/99.99 new, free update, 215.9 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
VMware Fusion and Fusion Professional 5.0.2
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>