VMware has released version 5.0.2 of its Fusion and Fusion Professional virtualization packages, fixing a number of bugs. Notable changes include USB 3.0 stability improvements, a fix for a problem affecting multiple-monitor setups under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, improvements for the Microsoft Office 2013 preview and Windows 8 installations, a solution to a bug that caused the library and the Fusion start menu contents to get out of sync, and more. Known issues that remain include a black virtual machine screen on some Mac Pro systems running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and problems with upgrading directly from Windows XP to Windows 8 inside a virtual machine. ($49.99/99.99 new, free update, 215.9 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software