A good night's sleep can always be sabotaged through judicious use of the latest computer game, and Rick Holzgrafe knows it. He's just released version 2.1 of his $20 shareware game Solitaire Till Dawn (see TidBITS-246), offering sound effects, clever new display features, and a wonderful "magnetic mouse" option to move cards without clicking, which should reduce aggravation of repetitive stress injuries. Solitaire Till Dawn works fine on any Mac in color or black and white, and the program also includes two new games (I'm addicted to Bisley) for a total of 26. Look at your favorite software archive for Solitaire Till Dawn 2.1 and Rick's other nifty utilities and games. [MHA]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Solitaire Till Dawn Again (03 Oct 94)