Although there’s nothing you need to do to get the new version, Code 42 Software has released CrashPlan 3.4.1, giving the popular Internet backup software support for network environments that route traffic through a proxy server. As usual with CrashPlan, new versions are installed automatically, so everyone running CrashPlan should now have version 3.4.1, which also addresses a few bugs. Notably, Web restores can now handle apostrophes in directory and file names, and avoid errors in certain situations. Also, the Backup Report now skips entries with a delta of zero, changing the archive password no longer results in creating a new custom key in some situations, and there are general performance enhancements. (Free with a 30-day trial of the CrashPlan+ online backup service, 19 MB, release notes)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>