Smile has updated both PDFpen and PDFpenPro to version 5.9.2, notably fixing a problem that could prevent the PDF-manipulation programs from saving, along with other less-common saving-related bugs. Other unspecified bugs have also been addressed. As usual, the Mac App Store versions lag significantly behind; they’re still at version 5.8.6, released over a month ago. ($59.95/$99.95 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 46.6/46.9 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5.9.2
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Swap out Apple Maps for our open source SDK in just a few steps.
Choose a map design that suits your app and wows your users.
Start developing today for free! <https://www.mapbox.com/mobile/>