Smile has updated both PDFpen and PDFpenPro to version 5.9.2, notably fixing a problem that could prevent the PDF-manipulation programs from saving, along with other less-common saving-related bugs. Other unspecified bugs have also been addressed. As usual, the Mac App Store versions lag significantly behind; they’re still at version 5.8.6, released over a month ago. ($59.95/$99.95 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 46.6/46.9 MB)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 5.9.2
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>