Microsoft has released Office 2011 14.2.5 and Office 2008 12.3.5, largely to resolve four privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel that could allow remote code execution if the user were to open a specially crafted Excel spreadsheet. Also receiving attention is Outlook 2011, which gets fixes that address problems with automatic configuration with Outlook.com accounts, importing data from PST files, recognizing and expanding distribution lists, moving messages in Gmail accounts, and the loss of spaces with content pasted in from Word or replying to messages generated in Windows Outlook. If you have troubles updating, be sure to check the Known Issues page, which addresses common problems. (Free updates via the Office for Mac Web site or through Microsoft AutoUpdate, 102 MB/218 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.5 and 2008 12.3.5
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Tarik Sivonen, Jim Chaffin, Charles Crawford, and
Jane Stein for their generous support!
Date Published: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Size: 102 MB
Database Daemon and Synchservices agent can't be closed.
Stonewall. Is this a known problem ?
I'm running under OSX 10.7.5