Reverting to release notes that make haiku seem wordy, Apple has released something called OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 that claims to address “an issue with Keychain that can affect 2012 Mac systems.” It’s recommended for all Macs introduced in 2012, but there’s nothing else that hints at what it fixes or how serious the “issue” might be. It’s available via the App Store’s Updates screen, and if it doesn’t appear for you, it’s presumably not necessary for your Mac. (Free, 26.65 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>