Reverting to release notes that make haiku seem wordy, Apple has released something called OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0 that claims to address “an issue with Keychain that can affect 2012 Mac systems.” It’s recommended for all Macs introduced in 2012, but there’s nothing else that hints at what it fixes or how serious the “issue” might be. It’s available via the App Store’s Updates screen, and if it doesn’t appear for you, it’s presumably not necessary for your Mac. (Free, 26.65 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update 2.0
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>