Apple has released Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.1, which addresses a problem with the mid-2012 MacBook Pro (when using certain Thunderbolt cables) that prevented some bus-powered Thunderbolt devices from working as expected. The update requires Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. (Free, 442 KB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.