Twitter has released TweetDeck 2.1, an update that adds a smattering of features to the company’s column-based client. The new release adds support for photo and player cards (the latter of which can play video and audio), plus it enables you to edit and refine search columns using the new column options (click the magnifying glass icon at the top of a column). It also adds the capability to type “n” to start a new tweet and press Command-Enter to send a tweet. Also included are fixes for Retina display support and profiles that didn’t load under certain circumstances. (Free, 1.4 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.