Ambrosia’s Snapz Pro X screen capture utility gets updated to version 2.5.1 with a fix to a positioning problem that Adam Engst called out in his recent write-up to the screen capture utility’s update to version 2.5 (see “Snapz Pro X 2.5 Finally Makes Nice with Mountain Lion,” 16 November 2012). The new release now properly remembers the selection position on multiple monitors. Other fixes include improved hotkey handling, removal of an incomplete Italian localization, and changes to the installer to address some instances of failed installations. ($69 new, free update, 13.8 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software